With halloween approaching I bet all you guys & ghouls are planning out that perfect halloween costume. Most of the time people opt for face painting rather than a mask especially for children as its safer and easier for them to see and grab those goodies.
However not all halloween makeup is created equal and you must be informed or you could possibly do some damage. Even if the packaging shows it used on/around the eyes its could be miss leading or falsely representing the cosmetics. Here are some tips to keep you safe.
1. Neon makeup of any kind is not safe to use on or around your eyes. This includes makeups that contain: D&C Orange No. 5, No. 10, and No. 11; D&C Red No. 21, No. 22, No. 27 and No. 28; and D&C Yellow No. 7.
2. If the makeup has a funny smell its could be spoiled or contaminated.
3. Even things that are intended to be used around the eyes can irritate your skin so do a small patch test if its something new to you.
4. Eyes aren't the only parts you need to watch for, there are many colors not approved for use around the mouth such as greens and blues in most cases but not all. Ultramarines are not lips safe.
5. Always follow the directions.
Also its horrible to go to bed with your makeup on. I know sometimes your just to tired or you've had to much to drink but you really need to remove all traces of makeup before bed. Here are some reasons not to skip the washing.
1. stains pillowcases
2. clogs pores causing break outs, and prevents the skin from naturally shedding skin
3. stiffens your lashes causing them to break off
Stay safe this halloween and be sure to know what your putting on your face or it could cause burns, irritation and possibly blindness.